Sunday 27 July 2008

Alvin, we are social being, we need to discuss in everything

Alvin, we need to discuss, but everytime we discussed, I could feel that you never accepted to what I said. Seem to me that I am talking to the wind. You are self-righteous, Alvin. I am tired convincing you, instead of that, you replied me with many Bible verses to judge me and justify yourself. You are short-sighted, Alvin. Why don't you try to open your mind and see broader. There are many difference interpretations, opinions, you need to accept that there are differences among us.

I have so many comments like that lately. Then I wonder myself. Am I really self-righteous? Have I never listened to anybody else? Am I interpreting the Bible wrong? Because for me, reading the Bible is crystal clear, should I make it so complicated that only the theologians, scholars, bible students who can interprete it right? I am the simple, who never go to Bible school, do I have no right to interprete Bible by myself? And even worse, I was labelled as false teacher, heresies, just because I am against so much the teaching of the church, the teaching of some pastors, priests, even popes. Pope is always right, so Alvin is always wrong.

My friends, I read in the Bible when Jesus chose fishermen to be His disciples to preach to many people, to the learned and unlearned, even in front of centurion of Italian Regiment. Or God used Paul who understood nothing about Gospel, who persecuted Christians, within several days after he received his sight, he began to preach the Gospel in synagogues to many Jewishs and Gentiles (Acts 9:19). Although I can't be compared with them, but I tell you the truth, Bible is real, God is so real for me. I don't need to see Jesus first as His disciples, to see God first to believe that He is real or not. I live by faith, not by sight.

I have also heard some testimonies about great men of God. God even used people who illiterate to preach His Gospel, man who never went to school, but because the desire in his heart, he prayed to God to be able to read Bible, and suddenly he can read and began to preach. God also used many moslems, hindus, budhists, who never read the Bible, even hated Christians, to begin to preach for Him.

I just wonder when I met people who see the Bible as a history book, as a textbook, and said, 'Alvin, you need to understand the context first, to whom Jesus said at that time, in what term, in what case, bla..bla.. and after you really understand about that, then you would be able to reflect to our present society, what will Jesus say to the people around us.

For example, about freesex, drug, abortion, party, etc. Alvin, there never any case about that in Jesus' time. So Jesus never said anything about it, we as modern society, we need to adjust ourselves to what Jesus will think if He is with us right now. One thing that you need to keep in mind, Alvin. God is love, He loves people more than He would condemn them to hell. His love is greater than His Justice. That's why we need to discuss with love and respect, because our time is much different with Jesus' time. There was no smoking, drug in Jesus' time. What should we do instead of open our mind wider in Bible teaching, and reflect it to our society ---> compromising. My friends, don't you know that Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever (Hebrew 13:8)? Then you will reason, yesterday means 'the day before today', right? How many times do I have to say, don't use your tiny brain to justify yourself, yesterday (in this context) mean since the beginning (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1), Jesus was already with God created the heaven and earth.

John 8:58

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly I tell you, before there was an Abraham, I am!

Alvin, shouldn't we discuss? We are social being, everybody has his own perspective. You can't say that you the only person who is right here, can you?

Yes, my friends. We are social being, we need to negociate, to compromise, to find win win solution if there is dispute among us. but that's only for worldly matter. I am aware too, that I am not a perfect man. I can make mistakes and I don't want to be self-righteous, because God hates pride the most. The greatest rank in heaven is for those who are humble. Humble yourself before the Lord, and He will lift you up (James 4:10).

James 3:2

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

But, in term of Bible, I will never compromise, since for me, the Bible stand, no matter what the circumstances are. Bible is the Word of God. It has authority, has power, and it rules and judge us. It is not us who need to change the Bible, but the Bible who need to change us. We need to adjust ourselves to the Bible.

My friends, unless you bring me another Bible verses and you interpret it right, I will refrain. But if you just bring something to justify yourself, should I compromise with you? Nope, I will never compromised with you, especially when you use argument or quotation from men. For me, Bible is Yes and Amen.

2 Corinthians 1:18-21

As certainly as God is faithful, our word to you is not “Yes” and “No.” For God's Son, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me, Silvanus, and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No.” But with him it is always “Yes.”For all God's promises are “Yes” in him. And so through him we can say “Amen,” to the glory of God. Now the one who makes us—and you as well—secure in union with Christ and has anointed us is God.

Either you 100% believe as the whole truth of you don't believe at all. There is no compromise with the Bible, unless you want to be a corruptor. Once again, please read this before you corrupt your Bible.

Revelation 22:18-19

For I testify to every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I like to discuss so much, as iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpen another (Proverb 27:17). I want to learn more and more because I want to keep myself on the right track, I want to listen to rebuke and correction, I would be very grateful if somebody do that to me in right judgment. But, I will reject any teaching, any belief, any doctrines that says the Bible is not enough, it needs support from other resources, e.g. Sacred Tradition. Please before you add something to the teaching of Bible, read the verses above. God bless you


-----------------------------------------------


PS: If you have another questions, please refer to http://alvinsu.multiply.com/journal/item/146/. Maybe I have answer for that. God bless you

No comments: