Sunday 27 July 2008

Alvin, Jesus teach us peace not division

My friends, can I ask you something? Has Pharisees, Scribes and Judaism never felt offended by Jesus and His disciples? Did Jesus bring peace to them?

I don't think so. Because of Jesus' and His disciples' teaching, they felt offended, they stirred up persecution and wanted to kill him (Matthew 26:1-5, Acts 13:50). You know, in Paul's times, he went to the synagogues (Jewish place of worship and religious teaching) to preach the Gospel that really against Judaism so much. He did this continuously in every place he visited. Until one day, more than 40 men made oath not to eat or drink until they had killed Paul (Acts 23:12-13). Until the the Roman commander asked him, 'Aren't you the Egyptian who started a revolt and led 4000 terrorists out into the desert some time ago?' They wanted to kill Paul, they called him terrorist, revolt maker, etc.

Did Paul do right or not? Was he not a hypocrite, liar? In his letters, he always talked about Peace and Love but he was against Judaism and created havoc and riots everywhere. Where was his love and peace?

My friends, I talk to you now who always talked about PEACE and LOVE, can you answer me. Is Paul a hypocrite, liar? Is Jesus a hypocrite, liar? Jesus and Paul did not do anything wrong, they just preached the Gospel. But why the people felt offended? Is there any cause for that?

John 15:25

But this comes to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

My friends, what I am doing now is the same like that. I just follow what my Master, Jesus Christ and His servant, Paul, did. I just want to preach the Gospel to you. Why you cursed me, mocked me, persecuted me with your words. I always used my Bible as my arguments, not teaching of men or church's doctrines. Why do you call me hypocrite? Why, my friends?

Jesus came to this world not to bring peace as you thought, but sword. Jesus came to bring division between children of God and children of darkness, between sincere people and evil people, between sheep and goats, between good seeds and weeds.

Matthew 10:34

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

The reason the Pharisee, Scribe, Jews, and also Gentiles hate Jesus and his disciples because of the Word of God that Jesus gave us.

John 17:14

I have given them your word, and the world has hated them, for they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.

The Pharisee, Scribe, Jews, or even you, now have conviction about your sinful life, you reacted to the person who bring the Light to you, you don't want them to expose your bad deeds. You even want to kill that Light, because it only disturb you, bring no good, just judgment about your evil deeds. Don't worry, my friends. God is patient with you, He will wait until you said to him, 'It is enough, I don't want to hear about God any longer, it only bring condemnation to my soul.' At that time, God will send you strong delusion so that you will believe in lies and waiting for your judgment day. No chance to be saved. God will ask the people who keep praying for you to stop pray, He will help you by hardening your heart more. Believe me, there will be a time like that for you if you keep rejecting the Light.

But to those who are sincere, want to know the Word of God, to understand who God is, they will see the Truth. God will be real for them. So, I hope you are wise, my friends. When there are so many conviction about your wrongdoing, I hope you didn't react defensively, but you try to open your heart to God, ask His forgiveness through repentance toward God and faith toward Lord Jesus Christ.

John 3:19-21

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Because of this Gospel, there will be no peace between believers and unbelievers, between Children of Light and children of darkness. They will try to kill the Children of Light so that nobody will keep disturbing them anymore. It is not from believers the riots come, but from them. Paul said to believer, 'If possible, so far as it depends on you, live in peace with all people' (Romans 12:18).

It would be very good if we can live peacefully with all people, but that's not the case for most of the times. People will start stirring up riots to persecute us. We have to keep being peaceful to them, not harming them and trying to be blameless, like Jesus. You know what, even though many Jews felt offended by Jesus, they couldn't find any false evidence to accuse Him.

Yes, Alvin, but God always teach about Peace, Jesus himself said 'Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God (Matthew 5:9). What is this peace then if He is not talk about peace of the world?

Yes, Jesus really brought us peace, but this peace is different with the peace that you think. Jesus bring Peace of God, peace between God and men. This peace is only from God, can't be obtained by human effort.

John 14:27-28

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard how I said to you, I go away, and come again to you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go to the Father: for my Father is greater than I

We can't find peace from this world, no matter how you tried. You will never understand this peace unless you experience it by yourself.
  • If you have experienced this real peace, believe me, you are longing to be in heaven as soon as possible, like Paul, for him to die is gain, and to live is Christ.
  • If you have experienced this real peace, you will understand why Peter, John, and James asked Jesus to build 3 tents and said, 'Rabbi, it is good for us to be here.'
  • And this Peace of God is your assurance that all of your sins are forgiven, you are justified by God, and heaven is for you.
  • This peace is not just feeling, but it happened with deep conviction in your heart, it is personal. I experienced it when I was genuinely born again (Honestly speaking, I have been 'born again' for more than 3 times. But just inviting Jesus as Saviour, not King). I wanted to be saved, but I didn't want to be subjected to God. I wanted to be king of myself, that's why I didn't get this experience.

God only show this to those who humble and ask God's forgiveness for all of their sins, totally surrender to God, and invite Jesus to be Saviour and King of their life.

James 4:10

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.

My friends, I am not talking about teaching or doctrines here. I am talking about my experience and other's who are genuine born again. Gospel is practical, not doctrinal, not sound of teaching. This message is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God. You need to experience this, my friends. I would like to encourage you to see the video http://cathecistsofgrace.multiply.com/video/item/6/Converting_to_Christ. This is exactly what peace I am talking about.

I will tell you what peace of God I have experienced. This peace is the real peace, peace in your heart. All your guilts, burdens, emptiness, sinful behaviours, all the rebelation against God were taken away, were washed away by Jesus' blood. Your wrongdoing, everything was forgiven, you are new creature. You will suddenly feel this peace. You will stop being condemned by your own heart and you also have the promise of heaven. This is peace of God. Don't call yourself born-again Christian unless you had this experience. I believe many of you don't understand what I said or maybe angry again with me. But, this is real, I have been in your position for 23 years, I also was angry when people told me that I wasn't real born again. But I really thank to that person, because of him, now I can experience my true peace with God.

My friends, if you have experienced this great conviction, please read the Bible more, since there is always possibility for you to turn back to your past again, to those weak and miserable principles again (Galatians 4:9), because devil will try to win you back through false teachings, false prophets, false visions, false experiences, etc. Being born again is just a new beginning of your Spiritual journey, you must run in such a way that you may be victorious. You need to grow higher and higher in the Lord.

You are now jailbreaker, you were prisoners of Devil, but Jesus has set you free, you are now God's children. Will devil care about those people who are perishing? No, they already under his captivity, or even more, they are willingful to be under the Devil. What Satan tried so hard is to win your soul back. You need to be careful. Don't easily listen and believe every teaching that come to you. Always test the spirits by asking God, 'Is what this man saying is true or not?'

1 Peter 5:8

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

God bless you

-----------------------------------------------

PS: If you have another questions, please refer to http://alvinsu.multiply.com/journal/item/146/. Maybe I have answer for that. God bless you

No comments: