Thursday 3 July 2008

Alvin, I believe so much in Catholic since my prayers were answered when I pray


Ok, I trust you, but let me ask you something, 'What kind of prayers you pray, my friends?' You prayed for 100 matters, your family, your career, your life, your sickness, your bills, your cars, etc. It is very normal, other people do the same like you.

If you prayed 100 matters, are all of them really answered by God? Then, you will answer me, 'Of course not, it is impossible, Alvin. God maybe only answer 10 matters. Because He is too busy to answer all of my matters. He need to answer other's prayers who need His help more urgent than me. God is not your servant, you should be careful with your statement, Alvin.'

I used to listen answers like that. Is that really true? Is that what Bible says?
My friends, you need to study statistic. I will use simple math. Have you played with dice or cards?

  • In dice, how many times you can get number 1 if you threw your dice 600x? The answer is 1/6 x 600 = 100, right? That means, from 600 trial, you will approximately find 100 number 1.
  • Or in cards, how many times you will get King (K) if you drew from 1 set of card? It is 4, right? The probability is 4/52 = 1/13. That means, from 13 trial, you will at least find 1 King.

How about your prayers? If you prayed 100 times, but only 10x was answered. Do you believe it is God who answer your prayers or just coincidentally, because of probability theory (statistic)?

People are easy to be deceived. I went to people who prayed in front of idols and as for his testimony. Then he told me about his miracle, he prayed and prayed until he got it. Yes, people are easy to be deceived. Of course, if you have applied for job for 2 years and every time you were rejected, you never give up, you applied again for another jobs, until you got it after you wait for 2 years. You called it 'answer of prayer', I called it 'you deserve it'. It is your work, not God's work.

Let me tell you, what Jesus said about praying.

Matthew 7:7-8

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.

What did He say, my friends?

  • Did He tell you that if you asked, it shall NOT be given?
  • Did He tell you that if you seek, you shall NOT find?
  • Did He tell you that if you knock, it shall NOT be opened to you?

Can't you read it? Is Jesus a liar again? If He was a liar, He can't be in heaven, because it is written, all liars will be in fiery lake of burning sulfur (Rev 21:8). Jesus is in heaven now. That means He tells us the truth. But why we don't get it? Why when we prayed 100x, we got only 10x? Again, let's us read more Scriptures.

Luke 11:11-13

If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

My friends, are you Children of God? What Jesus promised to you? He will give you if you ask Him. But why you never received what you asked onto Him? Does it mean that you aren't Children of God? You even worry now and start asking yourselves, 'Am I Children of God indeed?' You began to reason again, 'Maybe, I am not, but my family are.' You asked them to pray for you, but something never happened as well. Let's read the Scripture

Matthew 18:19

Again I say to you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Then, now you are really trembling, you reasoned, 'I have asked my wife, my parents, even my children, they are suppose to be more than 2 person. But nothing be done for us of the Father.' Are all of us not Children of God? For making you more trembling, let us read

Matthew 21:22

And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.

Did you read that, 'all things', my friends? Jesus said 'all thing, whatever'. Isn't it worderful? 'Of course it is wonderful for those who get it. But how about me?', you asked. 'I put faith in my prayers, I always seal them in Jesus' name. But I received none'.

God, what should I do?

Sorry, my friends. Those verses just to shock you. I just want to destroy many people's impression about praying. Because I see in many churches, people pray and pray, without expecting God to answer them. For me, it is just like throwing a dice randomly, if you get it, you praise God, your faith increase greatly and if you don't get it, you said, 'Maybe God's answer is NO, BIG NO NO for me.'

My friends, I hope I have shocked you a bit. Did you read any of those verses that God will say No, Big No No to anybody who ask Him? NEVER, right? So, why don't you get it? Something must be wrong with you, not God. Please examine yourselves!!

Here is the things, my friends..why you don't get what you asked? There are many reasons for that:

James 4:3

You ask, and receive not, because you ask amiss, that you may consume it on your lusts

James 5:16

The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Just to give you an example, last week was European Cup. I believe many people did betting, even Christians and Catholics, maybe you did that as well. You bet for Germany for 100$, because your children need to go to university, if you win that betting, you will get 500$, which is the exact amount for admission fee. You have no other resources, so you began to pray to God to make you win your bet. This situation is between dead or alive for you and your family. God must do something. What do you think, my friends? Will God help him?

I would say, he will get nothing because even though he has a motive, a reason to do that, but he is not righteous before God. Why unrighteous? It is because he wants to get easy money, haste to be rich. This is what God's say

Proverbs 28:20

A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that makes haste to be rich shall not be innocent.

God never give you something hastily, you ask me why? It is simply His way. No matter how you beg, reason, plead, argue with Him. He is God, my friends. He has to honor His Word more than anything. If He gave you rich, wealth hastily, e.g: by winning betting. He contradicted Himself with

Luke 16:10

Whoever is faithful with very little is also faithful with a lot, and whoever is dishonest with very little is also dishonest with a lot.

So, my friends, you need to be faithful in the Lord with very little then He will give you a lot. You need to be righteousness as well for your prayers to be answered.

Then you reason again, God didn't answer me, because He is too busy answering prayers of 6.6 billion of people, have you seen the movie Bruce Almighty, Alvin? God is like that. We need to wait until He is not busy enough to answer our prayer. My friends, He is God. His hand is not shortened, that it can't save, neither His ear heavy, that it can't hear. It is because of your iniquities that have separated between you and God, your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear (Isaiah 59:1-2). No matter how many prayers you made.

Isaiah 1:15-16

And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you: yes, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before my eyes; cease to do evil;

If your prayers seem stuck on the roof of your house, never get to heaven, never been answered, though you are in need. Please examine yourself before blaming God and say He never exist. Have you lived a life pleasing to Him? Have you become a righteous person? Have all your iniquities dealt with? Believe me, if you are really Children of God, you will receive whatever you ask in Jesus' name. Because you will not ask in wrong motive. Your mind will be the same with Him. Whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

What if, you have lived pleasing life, blameless, righteous, without iniquities, but have not yet received anything from Him? Don't worry, my friends. You will surely get it on the moment that you will never forget all your lifetime. You will wonder how magnificent God is, how wonderful He is. Just wait patiently, endure without yielding, like Isaiah prayed earnessly that it would not rain, and it didn't rain on the land for 3.5 years. Again, he prayed, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

John 15:7

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you.

My point is: If you pray 100x (to statue, prophets, idols) and 10 were answered, don't easily judge that God has provided you. Because if you have the Living God beside you, and live pleasing onto Him, whatever you asked will be given to you. 100% guaranteed. He never said NO to righteous people and Children of God. So, if you have prayed for your life time and get nothing, check first..is it for your own lust? are you righteous?

No comments: