Wednesday 10 March 2010

One million dollars question to answer (English)

“Why in this crowded world, full of people there are lot of people feel lonely?”

They say:

“Nobody cares” “Nobody loves me” “There is me… or without me… nothing different” “nobody wants to be my friend” “I feel lonely, I feel so bored” “my life is boring”

Their life:

While other people are sleeping in the night, they dress up with their fancy suit, and then go to a place where they have to pay for the entry ticket… sit down, having one or two bottle of alcohol… watching people go mad. The later the night, the crazier the people, men and women are alike. And if they are able to dance, they will dance in the dance floor… with someone they never met before, and then go to hotel. Why? Because they can’t stand the night alone. Depression, loneliness, guilt, sadness, emptiness will always haunts them when the night comes. They can’t simple face the night alone. So what they do? For them, it’s better to pay some amount of money to enter the night club or bar, pay high price of alcohol, sacrifice their sleep than to sleep alone. Have you ever thought about it? If they want to drink alcohol… they can buy it in the market with normal price, by doing it… they can save some amount of money. And they can save more by drinking it at home instead in the club. Also, we are human, not a nocturnal animal… since the days of old we do our activities during the day and sleep at night… but why these people sleep during the day and do their activities at night? Do you know why this happen?

Other people will do anything to have companion. They will treat them with meal, luxury, drink, or money… During the day, they work hard getting the money and at night… they spend it with someone who seems to care about you, nice to talk with… just kill a time so that the morning will come soon. Why? They are afraid of being lonely facing the darkness of the night? You guess…

Others, they will join some community… in the real world or in the cyber world. They will join every community they know… using lot of fake ID… sometimes they become an actress, sometimes a student… sometimes a teenager, sometimes business woman… inviting lot of people they never know… and try to build relationship… it’s really happen in our society. But why this can happen?

Let see the history. Ask our grandma this question, “Grandma… I believe that in your youth, people were not as many as today. They lived quite far from each other for there were lots of spaces, especially at that time most of people were farmers so usually in between 2 houses, there was a big gap as wide as the farm. In my opinion… you should meet people less often than this day… don’t you feel lonely? And also… in your time there was no computer, no TV or for rich people a black and white one with few programs (not like in our time), no telephone (everything done through mails), no Wii, PS3, etc. Don’t you find your life so boring those days?” To my surprise… she will simply answer, “No, I didn’t. I had a big family; we usually spent the days together in the field and the nights gathered together with relatives. Life was interesting.”

So, my question is… why in this civilized, cultured era there are many people who feel lonely? They have family; they have colleagues in the school, work, church, and they must have neighbors. In our time… people build the house next to one another, facing each other and not only that… people build apartments, sky crappers, etc. The logic says that there should be no lonely people in our time since we see people every time. We are not alone, not like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. We live together with more than 6.7 billions of people on this planet.


Can somebody tell me… is there any real Friend in this world? Friend that we don’t have to pay or to do something for their companion? Friend that I can meet not only during the night while others are sleeping, but every time He will always be with me? Friend with whom I can share everything with, I can talk to about my life, my passion, my burden, my foolishness, even my dark secrets? If you have already had… you are blessed for many people in this world are looking for Him. God bless you

No comments: