Friday 12 March 2010

God is my Father and The Lord is my Provider


When the world tempts me, “It is profit not to be God’s servants, especially when you have good educational background with bright future ahead. You can gain the world.” Bible said, “Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world – the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life – is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever (1 John 2:15-17). ”

When the world tempts me, “You ruin your future. You have MSc degree from Germany; you are Chemical Engineer, you can work in an international company, raise a family and enjoy life.” With the strength from the Lord, I would say, “My future is at the Lord’s hands.Marriage is an initiative from God; He will provide all I need at His perfect time. Bible said, “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble (Matthew 6:33-34).”

When the world tempts me, “Hey, Alvin you are so naïve. In this world nothing is free. How can you support your own need if you continue preaching for free and you don’t have other job for you financial support? Nobody will help you forever.” Bible said, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). He also said, “And as you go, preach, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for the worker is worthy of his food (Matthew 10:7-10).

When the world tempts me, “You are such a fool. You go against the world. Much learning is driving you mad!” Bible said, “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world (1 Corinthians 1: 18-19)?” Bible also said, “Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men (1 Corinthians 1: 25).”

When the world tempts me, “You are helpless. You will lose everything because of your faith. You are irrational.” Bible said, “But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from Godby faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead (Philippians 3:7-11).”

When the world tempts me, “You will die soon because of your faith. You are not only crazy, but also dead meat.”By the grace of God, I will say, “I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20).

I have served the Lord since I was born again in 15 April 2007. Assuredly, I say to you. The Lord has been gracious to me. He provides all I need, not only that “eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).” My friends, trust the Lord with all your heart for He is faithful, He will never forsake you nor leave you. He is our Father and Provider.

As servants of God, we should not submit ourselves to mammon. We cannot serve God and riches for Bible said, “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (Matthew 6:24).” When the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word and make us unfruitful like the seed which fell among thorns, please ask the Lord to give you strength and increase your faith. Otherwise, leave your ‘pastor, shepherd, reverent’ title and start your own business because if we commercialize the Church of God, treading their milk and wool for our own benefit because mammon has captivated our heart like Judas Iscariot’s, the Chief Shepherd will fight against you for He will defend His own precious sheep. Be strong in grace, my friends for the Bible said, “No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. The hardworking farmer must be first to partake of the crops. Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things (2 Timothy 2:4-7). God bless you.

Alvin Su (AS)

No comments: