Friday 19 September 2008

Citizen of the World


My friends, what do you think about our world? How many percent of people who really enjoy the world? 50%? 30%, 10%? I think it only a remnant that really enjoy to live in the world. Others are like multitude of people who are confuse, don't know what to do. Live a life like others, without knowing your purpose of life, except: work hard, raise a family, have enough food, grow old and die. What a misery to be born if your life is like that, is it not? You shouldn't come to this world. Are you not tired to live like that, my friends?

David Beckham's salary per week is nearly $1 million. He is just a football player, not the owner of the clubs who pay at least another 21 players. Can you imagine that? Can you earn that $1 million even if you work all of your life? Or maybe you can sing better than Britney Spears, your hamburger are better than McDonald's, your brain are cleverer than 90% of the people, your acting are better than Pamela Anderson, but still...you can't be on top. You still have a lot of bill to pay, extra work to do, etc, etc.

You are now having a dilemma, you regret to be born and want to suicide, but it is the same as if you throw yourself directly to hell since you are against God's will. God wants you to live, but you refuse and choose to take your own life. On contrary, you want to struggle, to fight for a better future, but it is also the same like killing yourself softly, bit by bit. Until how long you can push yourself like that? Will you not grow weary and tired? You are chasing over the wind. You can choose to die trying, but in the end, still, you can't have it.

Ok, maybe right now, you have a good job with a good salary, but still, you have your own problem. You want to go on holiday, but have no time; you wish you have child, but you are steril, or you are so rich, but you have cancer and will die in the next week. What will you do?

Then you will say to me, 'So, Alvin. Tell me straight forward. What message you want to pass? You want to say that we should be like Bill Gates, George Bush, Britney Spear, David Beckham, and other remnant of people? You want to say that we are the stupid people who follow the multitude of the world? Hey, Alvin, you should know that everybody can't be as fortunate as them. We should accept what nature has given to us. This is our fate. Heaven has planned like this, we can't stand against it'

My friends, I don't think that those people are more fortunate than you. I don't think that those people are enjoying their life too. If you see from your own perspective, you will always think that they are more fortunate than you. But, is that true? You will never understand unless you are in the same boat with them.

Heath Ledger, famous actor, nominated for Grammy Award, died overdoses. He was only 29 years old. Britney Spears, she regularly goes to the hospital for mental check-up, she goes everywhere without underwear (can you imagine how stressful she is), Michael Jackson is a phedophile and not satisfied with his skin-colour, or many other people out there. People has their own problem.

So tell me, my friends. What purpose you come to this world? Will you die as an animal? Be born, grow as a child, teenager, adult, oldie and die? Born, study for 25 years, work and raise a family for another 25 years, spend old age in comfort zone for rest of your life and die? Do you think it is worthy to come to this earth and die like that? Have you ever notice that you will die someday in the future. What achievement you have done for yourself and for the people around you? Will you go and see your Creator empty handed? Hey, stop being busibodies, my friends. Stop doing your activities for a moment and spend time, thinking. For what purpose you come to this earth?

I believe that many people can't answer my question. As I said, only a remnant of people in this world know the purpose why they are here, others are just multitude who follow the winds, chasing their own wind.

My friends, have you even considered that a life like that is unpleasant, is it not? But then, you wonder. What should I do? What is the purpose of my life?

It is good if you now have come back to your sense. Devil always try to make you under his yoke, never think about yourself, about your salvation, about your eternity, about emptiness inside your heart. You are always BUSY all the time. BUSY = Being Under Satan's Yoke. You will think 'Who can satisfy emptiness inside my heart? I want to be happy, enjoy the life, but I can't. Please somebody rescue me from this body of death.'

Ecclesiastes 1:2

Vanity of vanities, said the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. (KJV)

Ecclesiastes 1:14

I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind. (NIV)

Yes, to live without God is vanity, meaningless. You don't know what to do, you don't have purpose to life. Let me tell you something, God is your Creator. He knows the best for you, He has designed something marvelous for you, but since you are busybodied, don't have time for Him, you will find that everything is meaningless. Jesus said, 'I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing (John 15:5).

My friends, if you are tired of life, it is time for you to come back to your sense, come back to your Father, your Creator, your God. Your Father await you with his best robe, ring and sandals, he also has prepared fattened calf for you. Until when you will be a prodigal son? Are you not tired living by your own might, own way, own strength? Don't you feel that you need somebody to help and share your burden?

Jesus said, 'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30).

What do you need to do is just to come back to your senses, repent from all of your sins and surrender all of your life, your future, your career, everything to God. Have faith toward Jesus Christ and invite His Spirit to dwell inside you. And He will make you something new, you will become a new creature. Everybody is fearfully and worderfully made by God. We have our own purpose in this world, specially designed for us to bring glory to God and make ourselves fully satisfied. We don't need to be like Bill Gates, David Beckham, Britney Spears, etc to be happy and enjoy the life, since they also have their own problems. We just need to be God's children.

We are more than conquerors and we have assurance that someday, we will dwell in God's Presence, in God's Secret Place. Nobody in this world know where it is, only those who believe in Him.

Jesus said, Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms, if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going' (John 14:1-4). Jesus is our way, our truth, and our life to the Father in heaven.

I love you so much, my Jesus. I thank you for saving me from the prison of death. I am now more than conquerors in You. I am your servant, be it onto me according to your will, my God, my Saviour.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

If God is for us, who can be against us? The glory of the world is nothing compared with the Glory of God. And if we are faithful and hold firm to our faith in Jesus Christ, carry our own cross daily, who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:35-39).

My friends, would you spend a little time, find a quiet moment to speak with God, your Creator, to ask Him, what is the purpose He created you? To understand what He expect from you? Believe me, by doing your calling, live according to the vision He gives to you, you will find fully satisfaction in your life since you know that you do it for Him, that will give you reward, eternal life in heaven.

Proverbs 29:18

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law, happy is he.

Would you start to pray and ask God what is the purpose of your life now? God bless you.

No comments: