Sunday 15 June 2008

I do love you

Are you parent already? If you are a parent with little child, you would know what I am trying to pass to you. Right now, I am unmarried, I never know how it feel to be a parent. But I am the firstborn child in my family with 3 younger sister and brothers.

As parents, you would like to see your children happy, well cared, you like to see the smile in their eyes, right? You would do anything to always see their smile even by sacrificing yourself. I begin to remember about my mother again. When I was young, I was so selfish, I never thought about others, just myself. Once, when I had dinner with my mother and siblings, we ate fish, really delicious fish, cooked by my mother. She looked her children, she knew that we liked it so much. Then, suddenly she divided her fish for 4 of us, and she just ate the head of the fish. Then, I laughed at her and asked, 'Mom, why you looked like a cat, you like to eat fish's head?'

Also as big brother in the family, I care so much about my siblings. One day, I saw them enjoy drinking some kind of syrup (if you are indonesian, you will know what I mean, it just put some ice, and water and some coloring and flavor). I knew from my teacher that is not healthy. Then, no matter how my siblings enjoying it, I took it and threw it to the street. They cried and at home they told about my behaviour to my mother, and my mother was angry with me, why I made my siblings crying.

Do you understand what I tried to pass with those 2 messages?

Sometime people can't see the love that other people have. As I laughed to my mother who just ate fish's head. I never knew until I am mature enough about her love for me. And as my younger siblings never knew about my love to them until they are reach some level of understanding.

I am not trying to justify myself here. Not at all. But I want you to understand why I did this. I gain nothing by doing it, even I losing many things, I lost my time, I lost my friends, I lost my appetite, I can't sleep and even more, people cursed me, yelled at me, think I am hypocrite, liar, self-righteous, and some of them maybe want to kill me because I confronted them so much.

What profit I do get from you? Tell me! Am I asking you something in exchange? I am sorry if my articles seemed to condemn or judge you. But I never did it with my own judgment. Bible is the one who judge you. As the person who are privilege to know God first, I try to pass it to you. Freely get, freely give. Maybe some of you not mature enough in the Lord, you can't see the danger of joking with God, playing around with your eternity. But I know, that beside God is Love, He also Just. I will throw you to hell, if you never received Jesus in your life. And if you had received Jesus, it doesn't necessarily mean that your heaven is sure.

Just once in your lifetime invite Jesus to your life, no regeneration, no differences with others, still under law of flesh, not live a holy life, but you already believed that heaven is for you, you will regret it someday in the future, when Jesus said,

Matthew 7:21-24
Not everyone who keeps saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will get into the kingdom of heaven, but only the person who keeps doing the will of my Father in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name, drove out demons in your name, and performed many miracles in your name, didn't we?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you evildoers!’

Maybe you can't understand me, but as I took the syrup from my siblings and threw it away. I do also confront you with your sinful life, your wrongdoing, your shameless attitude. No matter how you talk bad about me, think that I am hypocrite, mad man, liar, without love, false teacher, I accepted it. You can come to me and slap my right cheek, I will give you the second chance to slap my left cheek. But please, do not joke with your eternity. If you found I accuse you wrong, or teach you something not written in the Bible, I do ask your apology and If you can't accept it, I will come to you and kneel down before you, begging your mercy. But once again, please think about what I tried to pass to you.

Thank you. God bless you

alvin

No comments: